We live in a world that is full of stress and anxiety – let’s call it “negativity” – while at the same time we are less committed to taking care of ourselves. Meals are often hurried, or we eat in the car while rushing off to our next appointment or event, and our food supply has suffered from use of unhealthy fertilizers and farming practices which lead to lower nutrition.
According to a Harvard Health Publication, the American diet leaves a lot to be desired. Chiropractors who have been aware of this dilemma for years tell us that: “a healthful, balanced diet supplies the body with sufficient nutrients to carry out routine tasks. Supplements such as vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, phytochemicals, and other nutrients enrich the body’s internal environment to fortify cellular protection, repair, and regeneration and support the renewal process.” (Source: www.chiro.org)
I am proud to have selected companies that have high standards and produce exceptional supplements.
10 Reasons to Consider Taking Supplements
Of course, you should always consult a qualified health professional first to avoid any drug-nutrient interactions; and avoid supplements with sweeteners, artificial flavors and coloring, preservatives, or fillers. Children should always take supplement formulas designed for their needs.
- Current commercial agriculture techniques, in the US and in many countries around the globe, leave soil deficient in important minerals, causing the food grown in this soil to share the same mineral deficiencies.
- A global economy supports foods to be shipped long distances and stored for long periods of time, both of which cause the depletion of vitamins in these foods, including the important B-complex and C vitamins.
- Food processing, cooking, and preserving leads to nutrient depletion in our food supply that makes it difficult to obtain adequate nutrition from foods alone.
- Many fruits and vegetables are genetically bred to improve visual appeal and crop yields, not nutritional value, which frequently results in lesser nutritional values than our ancestors’ food supply.
- Stress and erratic eating habits, insufficient chewing of food, and eating on the run, contribute to poor digestion, making it difficult for our bodies to extract all the nutrients it needs from food.
- Pharmaceutical drug use has escalated over time. Most medications deplete essential nutrients or require that certain nutrients be avoided, which results in people becoming more vulnerable to deficiencies.
- Specific times in life and health conditions may result in higher needs of certain nutrients. For example, folic acid needs tend to be higher during pregnancy, while menopausal women may be vulnerable to calcium deficiencies.
- Increasing levels of environmental pollution in our air, water and food may cause our bodies to use more nutrients than normal to detoxify and eliminate harmful substances. This is especially true of the antioxidant vitamins, such as the ACE vitamins: A, C, and E.
- We all have genetic weaknesses, such as higher needs for some nutrients, higher rates of depletion for certain nutrients, and/or an increased likelihood of genetic expression of some illnesses if vitamin or mineral deficiencies are present.
- Many nutrients have been proven to prevent or aid in the treatment of health conditions like high cholesterol, arthritis, birth defects, and cancer. Check out my articles on the vitamins and minerals that help prevent cancer.
Adapted from Care2Healthy Living
Metagenics was founded in 1983 on a brave new scientific concept: how the right nutrition could help people realize their best health possible by influencing what makes them unique—their genes. Back then we called it “genetic potential through nutrition.”
LifeEssence products are formulated with an ideal balance of East meets West working in synergistic harmony. They are true Holistic Health Systems that support your body in achieving and maintaining optimum health. They often blend Traditional Chinese Medicine concepts and herbs with modern vitamin knowledge, which they believe offers a thoughtful and well-informed approach to supporting good health.
ProThera proudly formulates nutraceutical products firmly based in scientific and medical research. That’s why they’ve earned the reputation as a nutraceutical manufacturer that focuses on innovation and helpful solutions. All ProThera supplements are dynamically created to avoid nutrient overlap between products.
Supreme Nutrition Products
Most of their products only have one ingredient as that way we are not doing a shotgun approach but supplying the ingredient that will be most effective. For instance, in killing a parasite, it is in their opinion better to give the one herb that tests effective as opposed to a product with many ingredients some of which may be effective and some not effective. Thus there may not be enough of the effective ingredients to make a real change with the patient.
Standard Process is the visionary leader in whole food nutrient solutions. They apply systems thinking to holistic nutrition that empowers practitioners to transform lives.
Integrative medicine is a collaboration of safe and effective therapies from conventional, naturopathic, and alternative medicine. Integrative practitioners look beyond symptoms to identify and address the root cause and work hand in hand with patients to develop a plan of care. This collaborative, wellness-driven approach often includes clinical nutrition – both through diet, and nutritional supplementation – and that’s where they come in.
Thorne Research has been dedicated to enhancing the health and well-being of people worldwide by providing innovative, high-quality, research-based nutritional supplements, health diagnostics technology platforms, and the latest in medical education.